With enhanced accessibility of online platforms, you must visit online website to stay ahead of the competition as a business. Implementing technical SEO best practices is crucial for improving your website’s visibility, traffic and conversion rate. Visit online website to see the checklist that outlines key technical optimizations to audit regularly.
Check Website Crawlability
- Verify robots.txt file is not blocking pages you want indexed. Enable bots access to CSS, JS, media and other assets.
- Check for proper XML sitemaps outlining all website pages. Submit sitemaps to Search Console.
- Fix broken links – scan site to identify and repair 404 errors and other broken links.
- Ensure website has valid SSL certificate for indexing over HTTPS. Check security protocols are up-to-date.
Optimize Site Architecture
- Organize information architecture with logical page hierarchy and clear navigation pathways.
- Simplify internal linking structure – avoid overly complex linking between pages.
- Keep maximum URL length under 100 characters.
- Optimize page speed and response time – aim for under 3 second load time. Compress images and media files. Minify CSS and JS.
Enhance On-Page Elements
- Unique title tag for every page, optimizing critical keywords. Length under 60 characters.
- Include target keyword early in unique meta description for each page.
- Check content formatting – break text into scannable sections, incorporate alt text for images, header tags to structure topics.
- Schema markup – use JSON-LD structured data where applicable to enhance indexing.
Submit Updated Sitemaps
- Resubmit updated sitemaps to Search Console regularly, especially after major website changes.
- Crawl website to check for indexing issues or new broken links.
- Request indexing of updated or newly added pages.
Regular Technical Audits
- Audit site’s technical SEO health every 1-2 months.
- Check rankings in Search Console to identify issues with specific pages. Diagnose and resolve technical obstacles to indexing.
- Stay updated on Google’s algorithm changes and best practice guidelines. Refine site accordingly.
Optimizing technical SEO seems complicated at first but simply involves ensuring search engines can easily crawl, index and understand your website architecture and content. Establishing processes for ongoing technical audits, link fixes, content improvements and speed optimizations is key to climbing rankings.
Why Technical SEO Matters
Ecommerce sites often focus heavily on product, pricing and promotions to drive business. But neglecting technical SEO can significantly limit website visibility and traffic growth regardless of other marketing efforts undertaken.
With over 3.5 billion searches per day, search engines represent the most common way users discover new websites. So technical errors that limit crawlability and indexation directly prevent tapping into this huge organic channel.
While advancing various areas of digital marketing is wise, technically sound SEO is the foundation upon which entire digital presence is built. Using tools, systematic technical audits ensure:
1. Maximize Indexation
Crawl budget refers to the pages search engines can recursively explore and index per domain. Technical obstacles eat into this budget by blocking pages from being discovered or understood.
By identifying and resolving indexation glitches – like fixing broken links, consolidating duplicate content issues, resolving bot blocking configurations – you expand the crawl budget for key website sections.
2. Boost Ranking Signals
On-page and off-page signals that influence search ranking depend on website being technically sound, fast and secure. Optimizing site speed, implementing HTTPS and structured data enhances positive signals like dwell time and click-through-rate for your pages.
3. Improve User Experience
Faster load time, seamless navigation and engaging content presentation improves experience visitors have on your site. And satisfied visitors directly improve conversions and other business KPIs.
So beyond directly supporting SEO, fixing technical issues also provides ROI through better UX and metrics.
The ever-evolving digital landscape demands regularly revisiting existing technical infrastructure to realign with latest benchmarks. Dedicating resources for technical SEO audits provides outsized long term dividends.