Learn for life Nigeria’s mission is to improve lives through learning. We enable anyone anywhere to create and share educational courses (instructors) and to enroll in these educational courses to learn (students). We consider our marketplace model the best way to offer valuable educational content to our users. We need rules to keep our platform and services safe for you, us and our student and instructor community. These Terms apply to all your activities on the Learn for life Nigeria website, the Learn for life Nigeria mobile applications, our TV applications, our APIs and other related services (“Services”).
You need an account for most activities on our platform. Keep your password somewhere safe, because you’re responsible for all activity associated with your account. If you suspect someone else is using your account, let us know by contacting our Support Team. You must have reached the age of consent for online services in your country to use Learn for life Nigeria.
You need an account for most activities on our platform, including to purchase and enroll in a course or to submit a course for publication. When setting up and maintaining your account, you must provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information, including a valid email address. You have complete responsibility for your account and everything that happens on your account, including for any harm or damage (to us or anyone else) caused by someone using your account without your permission. This means you need to be careful with your password. You may not transfer your account to someone else or use someone else’s account without their permission. If you contact us to request access to an account, we will not grant you such access unless you can provide us the login credential information for that account. In the event of the death of a user, the account of that user will be closed.
If you share your account login credential with someone else, you are responsible for what happens with your account and Learn for life Nigeria will not intervene in disputes between students or instructors who have shared account login credentials. You must notify us immediately upon learning that someone else may be using your account without your permission (or if you suspect any other breach of security) by contacting our Support Team. We may request some information from you to confirm that you are indeed the owner of your account.
Students and instructors must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on Learn for life Nigeria and use the Services. If you are younger than the required age, you may not set up an account, but we encourage you to invite a parent or guardian to open an account and help you enroll in courses that are appropriate for you. If we discover that you have created an account and you are younger than the required age for consent to use online services (for example, 13 in the US), we will terminate your account. Under our Instructor Agreement, you may be requested to verify your identity before you are authorized to submit a course for publication on Learn for life Nigeria.
- Course Enrollment and Lifetime Access
When you enroll in a course, you get a license from us to view it via the Learn for life Nigeria Services and no other use. Don’t try to transfer or resell courses in any way. We grant you a lifetime access license, except when we must disable the course because of legal or policy reasons.
Under our Instructor Agreement, when instructors publish a course on Learn for life Nigeria, they grant Learn for life Nigeria a license to offer a license to the course to students. This means that we have the right to sublicense the course to the students who enroll in the course. As a student, when you enroll in a course, whether it’s a free or paid course, you are getting from Learn for life Nigeria a license to view the course via the Learn for life Nigeria platform and Services, and Learn for life Nigeria is the licensor of record. Courses are licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the course in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the course and sharing it on torrent sites).
In legal, more complete terms, Learn for life Nigeria grants you (as a student) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non- commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular courses or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use any course unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a Learn for life Nigeria authorized representative. This also applies to content you can access via any of our APIs.
We generally give a lifetime access license to our students when they enroll in a course. However, we reserve the right to revoke any license to access and use courses at any point in time in the event where we decide or are obligated to disable access to a course due to legal or policy reasons, for example, if the course you enrolled in is the object of a copyright complaint, or if we determine its content violates our Trust & Safety Guidelines. The lifetime access is not applicable to add-on features and services associated with a course, for example translation captions of courses may be disabled by instructors at any time, and an instructor may decide at any time to no longer provide teaching assistance or Q&A services in association with a course. To be clear, the lifetime access is to the course content but not to the instructor.
Instructors may not grant licenses to their courses to student directly and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms.
- Payments, Credits, and Refunds
When you make a payment, you agree to use a valid payment method. If you aren’t happy with your course, Learn for life Nigeria offers a 30-day refund or credit for most course purchases.
The prices of courses on Learn for life Nigeria are determined based on the terms of the Instructor Agreement and our Pricing and Promotions Policy. In some instances, the price of a course offered on the Learn for life Nigeria website may not be exactly the same as the price offered on our mobile or TV applications, due to mobile platform providers’ pricing systems and their policies around implementing sales and promotions.
We regularly run promotions and sales for our courses and certain courses are only available at discounted prices for a set period of time. The price applicable to a course will be the price at the time you complete your purchase of the course (at checkout). Any price offered for a particular course may also be different when you are logged into your account from the price available to users who aren’t registered or logged in, because some of our promotions are available to new users only.
If you are logged into your account, the listed currency you see is based on your location when you created your account. If you are not logged into your account, the price currency is based on the country where you are located. We do not enable users to see pricing in other currencies.
If you are a student located in a country where use and sales tax, goods and services tax, or value added tax is applicable to consumer sales, we are responsible for collecting and remitting that tax to the proper tax authorities. In certain countries, the price you see may include such taxes.
When you make a purchase, you agree not to use an invalid or unauthorized payment method. If your payment method fails and you still get access to the course you are enrolling in, you agree to pay us the corresponding fees within thirty (30) days of notification from us. We reserve the right to disable access to any course for which we have not received adequate payments.
In some cases, we may issue credits to your account. These credits will be automatically applied towards your next course purchase on our website, but can’t be used for purchases in our mobile or TV applications. Credits may expire if not used within the specified period, and have no cash value.
3.3 Refunds and Credits
If the course you purchased is not what you were expecting, you can request, within 30 days of your purchase of the course, that Learn for life Nigeria credit/refund your account. We reserve the right to apply a credit or a refund, at our discretion, depending on capabilities of our payment processing partners or the platform from which you purchased your course (website, mobile or TV app). No credit or refund is due to you if you request it after the 30-day guarantee time limit has passed.
To request a credit/refund, follow the steps here. As detailed in the Instructor Agreement, instructors agree that students have the right to receive these credits or refunds.
At our discretion, if we believe you are abusing our credit/refund policy, we reserve the right to ban your account and to restrict all future use of the Services. If we ban your account or disable your access to a course due to your violation of these Terms or our Trust & Safety Guidelines, you will not be eligible to receive any credit or refund.
- Content and Behavior Rules
You can only use Learn for life Nigeria for lawful purposes. You’re responsible for all the content that you post on our platform. You should keep the reviews, questions, posts, courses and other content you upload in line with our Trust & Safety Guidelines and the law, and respect the intellectual property rights of others. We can ban your account for repeated or major offenses. If you think someone is infringing your copyright on our platform, let us know.
You may not access or use the Services or create an account for unlawful purposes. Your use of the Services and behavior on our platform must comply with applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and compliance with such laws and regulations that are applicable to you. You may not access our Services if you are from a territory where U.S. businesses are prohibited from engaging in business (such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria) or if you have been designated a Specially Designated National, Denied Person, or Denied Entity by the U.S. government.
If you are a student, the Services enable you to ask questions to the instructors of courses you are enrolled in, and to post reviews of courses. For certain courses, the instructor invites you to submit content as “homework” or tests. Don’t post or submit anything that is not yours.
If you are an instructor, you can submit courses for publication on the platform and you can also communicate with the students who have enrolled in your courses. In both cases, you must abide by the law and respect the rights of others: you cannot post any course, question, answer, review or other content that violates applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for any courses, content, and actions you post or take via the platform and Services and their consequences. Make sure you understand all the copyright restrictions set forth in the Instructor Agreement before you submit any course for publication on Learn for life Nigeria.
If we are put on notice that your course or content violates the law or the rights of others (for example, if it is established that it violates intellectual property or image rights of others, or is about an illegal activity), if we discover that your content or behavior violates our Trust & Safety Guidelines, or if we believe your content or behavior is unlawful, inappropriate, or objectionable (for example if you impersonate someone else), we may remove your content from our platform. Learn for life Nigeria complies with copyright laws. Check out our Intellectual Property Policy for more details.
Learn for life Nigeria has discretion in enforcing these Terms and our Trust & Safety Guidelines. We may terminate or suspend your permission to use our platform and Services or ban your account at any time, with or without notice, for any violation of these Terms, if you fail to pay any fees when due, upon the request of law enforcement or government agencies, for extended periods of inactivity, for unexpected technical issues or problems, or if we suspect that you engage in fraudulent or illegal activities. Upon any such termination we may delete your account and content, and we may prevent you from further access to the platforms and use of our Services. Your content may still be available on the platforms even if your account is terminated or suspended. You agree that we will have no liability to you or any third party for termination of your account, removal of your content, or blocking of your access to our platforms and services.
If one of our instructors has published a course that infringes your copyright or trademark rights, please let us know. Under our Instructor Agreement, we require our instructors to follow the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. For more details on how to file a copyright or trademark infringement claim with us, see our Intellectual Property Policy.
- Learn for life Nigeria’s Rights to Content You Post
You retain ownership of content you post to our platform, including your courses. We’re allowed to share your content to anyone through any media, including promoting it via advertising on other websites.
The content you post as a student or instructor (including courses) remains yours. By posting courses and other content, you allow Learn for life Nigeria to reuse and share it but you do not lose any ownership rights you may have over your content. If you are an instructor, be sure to understand the course licensing terms that are detailed in the Instructor Agreement.
When you post comments, questions, reviews, and when you submit to us ideas and suggestions for new features or improvements, you authorize Learn for life Nigeria to use and share this content with anyone, distribute it and promote it on any platform and in any media, and to make modifications or edits to it as we see fit. In legal language, by submitting or posting content on or through the platforms, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your content in any and all media or distribution methods (existing now or later developed). This includes making your content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals who partner with Learn for life Nigeria for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication of content on other media. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power, and authority necessary to authorize us to use any content that you submit. You also agree to all such uses of your content with no compensation paid to you.
- Using Learn for life Nigeria at Your Own Risk
Anyone can use Learn for life Nigeria to create and publish courses and instructors and we enable instructors and students to interact for teaching and learning. Like other platforms where people can post content and interact, some things can go wrong, and you use Learn for life Nigeria at your own risk.
Learn for life Nigeria enables anyone anywhere to create and share educational courses. We host more than 65,000 courses on our online learning marketplace. Our platform model means we do not review or edit the courses for legal issues, and we are not in a position to determine the legality of course content. We do not exercise any editorial control over the courses that are available on the platform and, as such, do not guarantee in any manner the reliability, validity, accuracy or truthfulness of the courses. If you enroll a course, you rely on any information provided by an instructor at your own risk.
By using the Services, you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Learn for life Nigeria has no responsibility to keep such content from you and no liability for your access or enrollment in any course, to the extent permissible under applicable law. This also applies to any courses relating to health, wellness and physical exercise. You acknowledge the inherent risks and dangers in the strenuous nature of these types of courses, and by enrolling in such courses, you choose to assume those risks voluntarily, including risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death. You assume full responsibility for the choices you make before, during and after your enrollment in a course.
When you interact directly with a student or an instructor, you must be careful about the types of personal information that you share. We do not control what students and instructors do with the information they obtain from other users on the platform. You should not share your email or other personal information about you for your safety.
We do not hire or employ instructors nor are we responsible or liable for any interactions involved between instructors and students. We are not liable for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to the conduct of instructors or students.
When you use our Services, you will find links to other websites that we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of information about you. You should also read their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
- Learn for life Nigeria’s Rights
We own the Learn for life Nigeria platform and Services, including the website, present or future apps and services, and things like our logos, API, code, and content created by our employees. You can’t tamper with those or use them without authorization.
All right, title, and interest in and to the Learn for life Nigeria platform and Services, including our website, our existing or future applications, our APIs, databases, and the content our employees or partners submit or provide through our Services (but excluding content provided by instructors and students) are and will remain the exclusive property of Learn for life Nigeria and its licensors. Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing gives you a right to use the Learn for life Nigeria name or any of the Learn for life Nigeria trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding Learn for life Nigeria or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Learn for life Nigeria platform and Services:
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the platform, Learn for life Nigeria’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Learn for life Nigeria’s service providers.
- disable, interfere with, or try to circumvent any of the features of the platforms related to security or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
- copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or content on the Learn for life Nigeria platform or Services.
- access or search or attempt to access or search our platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available search functionalities that are provided via our website, mobile apps, or API (and only pursuant to those API terms and conditions). You may not scrape, spider, use a robot, or use other automated means of any kind to access the Services.
- in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information (such as sending email communications falsely appearing as Learn for life Nigeria); or interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the platforms or services, or in any other manner interfering with or creating an undue burden on the Services.
- Miscellaneous Legal Terms
These Terms are like any other contract, and they have boring but important legal terms that protect us from the countless things that could happen and that clarify the legal relationship between us and you.
8.1 Binding Agreement
You agree that by registering, accessing or using our Services, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Learn for life Nigeria. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not register, access, or otherwise use any of our Services.
If you are an instructor accepting these Terms and using our Services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so.
Any version of these Term in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
These Terms (including any agreements and policies linked from these Terms) constitute the entire agreement between you and us (which include, if you are an instructor, the Instructor Agreement).
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then that provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms will continue in effect.
Even if we are delayed in exercising our rights or fail to exercise a right in one case, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights under these Terms, and we may decide to enforce them in the future. If we decide to waive any of our rights in a particular instance, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights generally or in the future.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (Course Enrollment and Lifetime Access), 5 (Learn for life Nigeria’s Rights to Content You Post), 6 (Using Learn for life Nigeria at Your Own Risk), 7 (Learn for life Nigeria’s Rights), 8 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms), and 9 (Dispute Resolution).
It may happen that our platform is down, either for planned maintenance or because something goes down with the site. It may happen that one of our instructors is making misleading statements in their course. It may also happen that we encounter security issues. These are just examples. You accept that you will not have any recourse against us in any of these types of cases where things don’t work out right. In legal, more complete language, the Services and their content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security, lack of errors, or accuracy of the Services or their content, and expressly disclaim any warranties or conditions (express or implied), including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no warranty that you will obtain specific results from use of the Services. Your use of the Services (including any content) is entirely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions don’t allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
We may decide to cease making available certain features of the Services at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances will Learn for life Nigeria or its affiliates, suppliers, partners or agents be held liable for any damages due to such interruptions or lack of availability of such features.
We are not responsible for delay or failure of our performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our reasonable control, like an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; natural disaster; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage; or government restrictions.
If you behave in a way that gets us in legal trouble, we may exercise legal recourse against you. You agree to indemnify, defend (if we so request), and hold harmless Learn for life Nigeria, our group companies, and their officers, directors, suppliers, partners, and agents from an against any third-party claims, demands, losses, damages, or expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising from (a) the content you post or submit, (b) your use of the Services (c) your violation of these Terms, or (d) your violation of any rights of a third party. Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and your use of the Services.
8.5 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
8.6 No Assignment
You may not assign or transfer these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted under them). For example, if you registered an account as an employee of a company, your account cannot be transferred to another employee. We may assign these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted under them) to another company or person without restriction. Nothing in these Terms confers any right, benefit, or remedy on any third-party person or entity. You agree that your account is non-transferable and that all rights to your account and other rights under these Terms terminate upon your death.
- Dispute Resolution
If there’s a dispute, our Support Team is happy to help resolve the issue. If that doesn’t work and you live in the United States or Canada, your options are to go to small claims court or bring a claim in binding arbitration; you may not bring that claim in another court or participate in a non-individual class action claim against us.
- Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Learn for life Nigeria reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
- How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
Thanks for teaching and learning with us. Be Able!
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on Learn for life Nigeria. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to Learn for life Nigeria, like your preferred language, and to make the site easier to use.
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into Learn for life Nigeria. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
|Authentication and security
||· To log you into Learn for life Nigeria
· To protect your security
· To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate Learn for life Nigeria’s agreements
For example, cookies help authenticate your access to Learn for life Nigeria and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
||· To remember data about your browser and your preferences
· To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country you’re in, so we can provide content in your preferred language without asking each time you visit.
|Analytics and research
||· To help us improve and understand how people use Learn for life Nigeria
For example, cookies help us test different versions of Learn for life Nigeria to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with Learn for life Nigeria, like the links you click on.
You can opt out of some of these services through tools like the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on and Hotjar Opt-Out Cookie.
||· To customize Learn for life Nigeria with more relevant content
For example, cookies help us show a personalized list of recommended courses on the homepage.
||· To provide you with more relevant advertising
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide its own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
Updates & Contact Info
Intellectual Property Policy
Learn for life Nigeria is a technology platform that enables anyone anywhere to create and share educational courses. We host more courses on our online learning marketplace. Our marketplace model means we do not review or edit the courses for legal issues, and we are not in a position to determine the legality of course content. However, it is important to us that instructors posting courses on Learn for life Nigeria respect the intellectual property of others. When instructors post courses on our marketplace, they make the promise that they have the necessary authorization or rights to use all the content contained in their courses.
Infringing activity is not tolerated on or through our platform.
This policy addresses what we do in the event of copyright infringement reports from content owners and trademark infringement claims from trademark owners with respect to the courses on the Learn for life Nigeria platform. The policy also addresses what we do when Learn for life Nigeria instructors’ courses are copied on third-party platforms without their consent.
- Third-Party Copyright Infringement Reports
- How to File a Report
- Reports from Instructors of Infringing Content on Other Platforms
- Third-Party Trademark Infringement Reports
- How to Submit a Trademark Infringement Report
- Designated Agent Contact Information
Third-Party Copyright Infringement Reports
Learn for life Nigeria’s policy is to remove courses from our service when they are reported as infringing in a copyright infringement notice received from the owner of the original content. It is also our policy to remove all courses from any instructor who is determined to be a repeat infringer (for whom Learn for life Nigeria has received more than two valid takedown notices). We reserve the right to terminate an instructor’s account at any time, including when they post content in violation of the copyrights of others.
How to File a Report
If you would like to report a course on the Learn for life Nigeria marketplace and if you are the owner or the designated agent of the owner of the rights to the content that you believe the course is infringing, the most efficient way is to use this form (form in English only).
Before you submit a copyright infringement report, please remember these important things:
- We cannot process a copyright claim that is not submitted by the owner of the copyright or its designated agent. This is because we have no way of knowing whether the instructor who published the course you are reporting has received proper permission from the owner to use the content. We will ask you to provide an electronic signature to confirm that you are the copyright owner or have authority to represent the copyright owner (including if the copyright owner is an organization).
- Your copyright claim has to be sufficiently substantiated for us be able to address it. This means:
- You provide sufficient information for us to contact you, including your full legal name, an email address, physical address, and (optional) telephone number.
- If you are filing a report on behalf of an organization, you include the name of the organization and your relationship to the organization.
- You precisely identify the original copyrighted material or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered in your notification, you provide a sufficiently representative list of such original material (such as a URL where the material is located);
- You provide sufficient information for us to locate the reportedly infringing course(s) on the Learn for life Nigeria site (the URL on our website and the exact name of the course and instructor;
- You add a statement saying: “I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this complaint is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf and I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”.
- Knowingly submitting a false or misleading claim of infringement is illegal and you could be held liable and have to pay damages as a result. Learn for life Nigeria reserves the right to seek damages from anyone who submits a notification of claimed infringement in violation of the law.
- There are types of content that are not protected by copyright. Copyright law doesn’t cover short phrases (like business names, book titles, and slogans), intangible concepts (like processes, ideas, and recipes), or facts. Before you submit a copyright claim, make sure that the content copied in the course is indeed protected by copyright. If you need to report a trademark violation, please follow the steps here.
- Consider whether the use of your material in the course is “fair use”. Copyright law includes a “fair use” exception for certain uses of copyrighted content that are considered to be in the public interest. Fair use covers things like criticism, commentary, news reporting, and research. In considering whether a course’s use of your material qualifies as fair use, you should look at:
- The purpose of the use (whether the course is paid or unpaid, whether the course critiques/parodies/transforms your material)
- The type of copyrighted work being used (whether your work is factual or creative)
- The portion being used (whether the course uses small, necessary excerpts of your material or substantial portions of it)
- The effect on the market for your material (whether potential buyers would purchase the course instead of your material)
Before you submit a copyright claim, make sure that use of the content copied in the course does not qualify as fair use.
Third-Party Trademark Infringement Reports
Learn for life Nigeria’s policy is to remove courses from our service when they are reported as infringing a third-party trademark. We also reserve the right to terminate an instructor’s account at any time, including when they post content in violation of the trademark rights of others.
How to Submit a Trademark Infringement Report
The fastest and easiest way to submit a report of trademark infringement to us is to send a notice to the Designated Agent containing the information identified below. Please note that a copy of your notice will be sent to the party who posted the content you are reporting. Before you submit a trademark infringement report, please remember these important things:
- Your trademark claim has to be sufficiently substantiated for us be able to address it. This means your communication must include substantially the following:
- Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address, and email or phone number).
- The specific word, symbol, etc. for which you claim trademark rights.
- The basis for your claim of trademark rights (such as a national or community registration), including registration number, if applicable.
- The country or jurisdiction in which you claim trademark rights.
- The category of goods and/or services for which you assert rights.
- Sufficient information for us to locate the material on Learn for life Nigeria that you believe violates your trademark rights (web addresses/URLs of the allegedly infringing content).
- A description of how you believe this content infringes your trademark.
- If you are not the rights holder, an explanation of your relationship to the rights holder.
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the trademark as described above in the manner complained of is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law.”
- The following statement: “The information in this notice is accurate, and I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a trademark that is allegedly infringed.”
- Your electronic signature (“/s/” followed by your full name, e.g., “/s/ Jane Doe”) or physical signature.
- Submitting a false or misleading claim of infringement could result in liability for you. Learn for life Nigeria reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a false or misleading notification of claimed trademark infringement.
- Consider whether the use of your trademark in the course is “nominative fair use”. Trademark law protects the use of a name or brand for selling products and services, with the goal of preventing consumer confusion. Most countries’ laws include an exception for “fair use”, which allows others to use a trademark for factually referencing the trademarked product or service, or commenting on or criticizing the mark. Consider the likelihood that others would be confused into thinking that your company or brand had created or is sponsoring the course. Before you submit a trademark claim, make sure that use of your trademark in the course does not qualify as fair use.
Instructor Terms & Conditions
Any version of these Instructor Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
As an Instructor You are contracting directly with Learn for life Nigeria, Inc., a Delaware corporation in the United States of America. Additionally, although We may utilize other Learn for life Nigeria subsidiaries to facilitate Your payments, Your contract remains between You and Learn for life Nigeria, Inc.
- Your Relationship with Students
Instructors do not have a direct contractual relationship with Students. The only information You will receive about Students is what is provided to You through the Services (“Student Related Data”). You understand and agree that You will indemnify Learn for life Nigeria for any issues arising out of Your use of any Student Related Data.
As an Instructor, You represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- You will visit our site and complete the Instructor enrollment form and if You choose to charge fees for Your Courses, You will also need to agree again to the pricing terms which are presented to you during the paid Course creation process;
- You will be responsible for all of Your Submitted Content. You further agree that You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, and the authority to authorize Learn for life Nigeria, to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), publicly display, communicate to the public, promote, market and otherwise use and exploit any of Your Submitted Content on and through the Services in the manner contemplated by these Instructor Terms;
- No Submitted Content shall infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right of a third party;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials and expertise, including without limitation, education, training, knowledge, and skill sets, to teach and offer the services You offer on Your Course and through the Services;
- You will not post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any User;
- You will not use the Services for any business other than for providing tutoring, teaching and instructional services to Students;
- You will not engage in any activity that will require Learn for life Nigeria to obtain any licenses from or pay any royalties to any third party, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of royalties for the public performance of any musical works or sound recordings;
- You will not copy, modify, distribute, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with Company Content and/or the Services or operations thereof, except as permitted in these Instructor Terms;
- You will not frame or embed the Services in a manner to embed a free coupon version of your course or other similar functionality intended to circumvent the Services;
- You will not impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s Account;
- Your use of the Services are subject to Learn for life Nigeria’s approval, which We may grant or deny in Our sole discretion;
- You will not introduce any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Services or operation thereof; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Services;
- You will not interfere with or otherwise prevent other Instructors from providing their services or Courses;
- You will maintain accurate Account information;
- You shall respond promptly to Students and ensure a quality of service commensurate with the standards of Your industry and instruction services in general;
- You are over the age of 18 or, if not, you are between the ages of 13 and 17 and a third party parent or legal guardian has agreed to these Instructor Terms, as well as all other of Our terms and policies as shall be posted on Our Services from time to time, and will assume responsibility and liability for Your performance and compliance hereunder.
- License to Learn for life Nigeria
You hereby agree that We may record all or any part of any Courses (including voice chat communications) for quality control and delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the Services. You hereby grant Learn for life Nigeria permission to use Your name, likeness, image or voice in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, Courses, Company Content and Submitted Content and waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection therewith, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- Trust & Safety
- Restricted Persons We Cannot Do Business With
You hereby warrant that You are not a Restricted Person (“Restricted Person”). For purposes of the Instructor Terms, You are a Restricted Person if You or any officer, director, or controlling shareholder of the entity on behalf of which You are using the Services is (1) a national of or an entity existing under the laws of Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or any other country with which U.S. persons are prohibited from engaging in transactions, as may be determined from time to time by the U.S. Treasury Department; (2) designated as a Specially Designated National or institution of primary money laundering concern by the U.S. Treasury Department; (3) listed on the Denied Persons List or Entity List by the U.S. Commerce Department; (4) engaged in nuclear, missile, chemical, or biological weapons activities to which U.S. persons may not contribute without a U.S. Government license; or (5) owned, controlled, or acting on behalf of a Restricted Person. If You become a Restricted Person during the term of these Instructor Terms, You shall notify Learn for life Nigeria within twenty-four (24) hours, and Learn for life Nigeria shall have the right to terminate any further obligations to You, effective immediately and with no further liability to You, but without prejudice to Your outstanding obligations to Learn for life Nigeria.
You agree that You shall not utilize the Services to conduct or facilitate any transaction with any Restricted Person, except as may be expressly authorized in advance in writing by the U.S. Government. You may not remove or export from the United States or allow the export or re-export of the Services, or any direct product thereof, including technical data, in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of the United States or any other applicable country.
As an Instructor, You will be responsible for determining the Base Price You charge Students for Your Course(s) from the Price Tier Matrix. You may select any increment as defined in the Price Tier Matrix by going to the Price Edit screen in your Instructor Account. You agree to charge only for Your own Submitted Content. You may not charge separately for any course add-ons such as downloadable PDFs or other content and services (such as providing a link to a third party service to sell downloadable PDFs). The Company will handle billing and other fee interaction with Students. When the Sale Currency is different than the Base Currency, Learn for life Nigeria will determine the Sale Price using the most recently published Price Tier Matrix. The Company reserves the right to make changes to the Price Tier Matrix at any time.
As part of Your participation on Learn for life Nigeria, You give Us permission to share Your Course, and information about You and the Course with Learn for life Nigeria employees and selected partners, for which You will not receive compensation.
Learn for life Nigeria offers certain programs that can help you market your Courses (“Marketing Programs”). Marketing Programs may include, but are not limited to, Learn for life Nigeria’s Deals Program and Marketing Boost Program. The complete list and terms of the currently available Marketing Programs are available under our Pricing and Promotions Policy, which may be updated from time to time. If You choose to participate, the fee You receive from Learn for life Nigeria will be in accordance with the terms of the particular Marketing Program that applies to the sale of Your Course. You may opt out of any Marketing Programs at any time, provided however, if you do opt-out of a Marketing Program, your Course will remain subject to any sales, campaigns, or promotions under any Marketing Programs that apply to Your Course that are active at the time you opt-out until the completion of such sales, campaigns, or promotions. In addition, you acknowledge and accept that certain sales, campaigns or promotions may be limited in applicability and not all sales, campaigns, or promotions will apply to Your Course.
You acknowledge that the amounts paid by Students for Courses sold through Marketing Programs are not fixed, and Learn for life Nigeria has the sole discretion to determine those amounts and which Courses to offer as part of such Marketing Programs. Further, Learn for life Nigeria does not guarantee any minimum level of success in connection with the Marketing Programs, and its selection of Courses to include is not an endorsement of those Courses, or of You. If You do not wish to participate in certain Marketing Programs, log into Your Account and opt out of them.
You may be able to increase Your sales by promoting Your Courses by using a coupon code that You have created on Learn for life Nigeria. For additional information on Instructor created coupons please see Our Pricing and Promotions Policy.
If You do not opt into any of Learn for life Nigeria’s optional Marketing Programs, We will pay You fifty percent (50%) of the Net Amount received for Your Course less any applicable deductions such as Student refunds (“Standard Revenue Share”). If Learn for life Nigeria changes the Standard Revenue Share, we will provide you thirty (30) days notice via email or prominent notice on the Services.
So that Company can pay you in a timely manner, you must have a PayPal account or a Payoneer account in good standing and keep Learn for life Nigeria apprised as to the correct email address associated with your PayPal or Payoneer account. Payment will be made within forty-five (45) days of the end of the month in which the fee for a Course was received. You are responsible for providing Company with all identifying and tax information necessary for the payment of amounts due.
As an Instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by a US company.
You understand and agree that You are responsible for any taxes on Your income. We reserve the right to withhold payment if we do not receive proper tax documentation. With regard to sales tax on the sale of Your Courses, the following applies:
- European Union
In the event that the sale or delivery of a Course or any Submitted Content to any Student in the European Union is subject to any value added tax (“VAT”), under applicable law, Learn for life Nigeria will collect and remit the VAT to the competent tax authorities for sales of such Courses or Submitted Content to Students in the European Union. Learn for life Nigeria may at its Own discretion increase the Sale Price where Learn for life Nigeria is of the view that VAT may be due and Learn for life Nigeria will have a liability to account for such. You will indemnify and hold Learn for life Nigeria harmless against any and all claims by any tax authority for any underpayment of VAT, and any penalties and/or interest thereon on Your Instructor Revenue or otherwise.
- All Other Countries
For sales of any Courses or Submitted Content in countries other than the European Union, South Korea and Japan (more information on taxes in South Korea and Japan here), You are responsible for following the requirements of the appropriate taxing authority related to sales tax on Your Courses (which may be different to the tax authority in Your own location). Learn for life Nigeria is unable to provide You with tax advice and You should consult Your own tax advisor.
- Deletion of Your Account
If You wish to delete Your Instructor Account, You may do so by following the steps provided in the following Instructor instruction page. We will use commercially reasonable efforts make any remaining scheduled payments due and owing to You prior to deleting Your Account. You hereby understand and agree that if Student(s) have previously enrolled to Your Course(s), after Your Account has been deleted Your name and such Course(s) will remain accessible to those such Students who enrolled to Your Course(s). Should You require any assistance or encounter any difficulty in deleting Your Instructor Account You may also contact Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Support Center, and We will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to Your request within 24 hours.
- Modifications to These Instructor Terms
From time to time, We may update these Instructor Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices, such as when We add new features, and Learn for life Nigeria reserves the right to modify and/or make changes to these Instructor Terms at any time. If We make any material change We will notify You using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in Your Account or by posting a notice on Our Services. Other modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise. If You continue to use the Services, after the effective date of any change, then such access and/or use will be deemed an acceptance of and an agreement to follow and be bound by the Instructor Terms as changed. The revised Instructor Terms supersedes all previous Instructor Terms.