In this article, we are going to explain the method regarding “how to open Lotus Notes files in Outlook?”. Then, no need to bother, here we are helping you to migrate Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST file format with all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. along with attachments.
Solutions to Move Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook PST Format?
There are multiple techniques available to perform the same, one is a manual method that is free of cost and another is a professional Lotus Notes Converter Tool. Let us start performing the process manually and then explain a professional solution.
Manual Technique to Import NSF File to PST Format
The free manual method to migrate NSF data files to Outlook PST file format is divided into two steps:
- Lotus Notes Export to CSV Format
- CSV Format to MS Outlook
IBM Notes Export to CSV Format
Follow the step-by-step process to move the NSF file to CSV format:
- Run Lotus Notes Application
- Click on File go to open and choose Lotus Notes Application.
- From the open Application Wizard, select the destination path of the desired NSF file and press Open.
- Click on the File tab and press the Export button.
- From the Export dialogue box, type file name, destination path, and type of file.
- Pick a Comma separate value (CSV) to save the file.
- Once the CSV Export dialogue box opens, choose the desired options and press OK.
- File effectively exported to CSV at the defined path.
Transfer CSV Format to Outlook
Next, perform the steps to move the exported CSV format to Outlook:
- Open Outlook email program.
- Go to File, then move to Open and Export and choose Import/Export.
- The import and Export dialogue box opens the set option of Import from another program or file. Once done, press Next.
- Pick Comma Separated Value and press the Next.
- Now, use the Browse button to load the CSV file created earlier through the Export command. Here, choose desired options as per need.
- Opt Outlook folder to save the converted file and press Next.
- Select the given mailbox appearing in Import a File Wizard and click Next.
Now, the CSV file completely moved to MS Outlook. Then, one can open data of NSF file to Outlook. The process is executable but has some drawbacks that can cause difficulty in the file content during the process.
Limitation of Manual Method
- Not fit for non-technical users.
- Takes a lot of user time and effort.
- Selective file migration is not allowed.
- Bulk conversion is not allowed
- It does not support data in large amounts.
- Required complete knowledge of Outlook and Lotus Notes email applications.
Error-Free Solution to Open Lotus Notes Files in Outlook without Outlook
NSF to PST Converter tool is the best way to know how to open Lotus Notes files in Outlook. The solution is reliable, error-free, and provides a friendly GUI. Both technical and non-technical users can organization can use the application to migrate multiple IBM Notes emails to Outlook PST file format including all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. along with attachments. You can easily implement bulk conversion and save a lot of crucial time and effort. Moreover, there is no need to worry about the data originality as the software takes care of email properties, formatting, and folder structure. The Lotus Notes to Outlook software provides features like PST Split, selected file conversion, date filters, and many others.
Use the free demo of the application that allows you to move the first 20 items from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST file format free of cost. With the NSF to PST Converter freeware edition, users can get a complete idea of how to open Lotus Notes files in Outlook as well as features. Users can also test the process of NSF to Office 365, Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange Server, PDF, MBOX, Gmail, G Suite, IMAP, Yahoo Mail, etc.