E-libraries are an improvement of the regular library filled with soft copies of intellectual materials. Although they are similar, e-library has so much more benefits.
- It makes reference to patrons: some e-library give the extra benefit of reaching to intellectuals to get answers for important research.
- It enables key word search: with the e-library system you don’t go through the stress of looking through subjects and its contents to find what you want. All you need to do is to type in key words in the appropriate search space.
- Its contents are more organized: every arrangement done on the e-library system is done automatically according to the way the system is programed which means every content will always be in its place.
- Its content are not limited : the information found in e-libraries are not only limited to what is available in it but it also contains links that can refer users to other sites and articles on other web pages for extra research, which means users are not limited to contents that are only found within the library. Also, e-libraries can contain millions of books and materials.
- It is more Interactive and understandable: the whole system is based on electronic and web interaction, an easy “read -write” “ask-answer” system in its simplest form.
- Can be accessed from anywhere: as earlier mention access to the internet and an electronic device is all that is required to obtain information. You do not have to be in a particular city before you can get access to choice information.
- It gives users the forum to interact with intellectuals and ask questions: some e-libraries have forums that allow users to interact. Air their feelings, ask intellectual questions and so on.
- It is more up-to-date: e-libraries are subject to constant update as not only books are posted but also articles of which thousands are made available online on various subjects every day.
Author: Ejiro Ighodaye